INCERTITUDE - a film
The year 2036, a world divided: In a routine mission gone wrong a special ops sniper is forced to make difficult decisions in her fight for love, ideology, and cultural heritage amidst the confusion and ambiguity of war.
Inspired by actual historical events, join this tale of future and past, based on decisions from today. From the perspective of near-future military snipers you will enjoy a suspenseful action ride and will leave with thoughtful questions & answers. A timely film to be made first as a pro short-film (PHASE ONE), then expanded to a full feature (PHASE TWO)! This film is an independent project in the truest sense of the word, being created by a diverse team of passionate artists, enthusiasts, and fans working together as a community.
We're seeking private funding to make this movie in 2018, we need YOUR help! Please CONTACT us for details.
8/16/18 - That's a WRAP!! INCERTITUDE has been filmed! Now the battle for post-production... Behind-the-scenes pics and vids on the way!
7/8/18 - ONE MONTH to production! Crew positions are being filled. Let the frenzy begin...
3/26/18 - BREAKING NEWS: Casting is complete!
Special thanks to all who auditioned! The roles and actors are:
Malinda, the lead character - played by Ashley Lucero.
Keith, co-lead - played by Austin Callazo
Sarah, supporting character - played by Ellie Genevieve
Colonel Kirk, supporting character - played by Diek
Key features of what makes our film attempt special:
- Female sniper lead character: a flesh-n-blood kick-ass woman warrior (i.e. NOT a superheroine)
- Near-future social commentary: an extrapolation of issues we face today with a nod to history, plus a major twist! (YES, it's a GOOD story! Love, war, high stakes, suspense, action...)
- Based on a TRUE story from history, little known real characters in a fascinating genre-bending film!
- A drama, a suspense movie, an action flick, a military movie, an art film, INCERTITUDE is all these things!
- Action movie elements with authentic and detailed costumes and weapons, futuristic "tacticool!"
- Vivid color and texture of nature in a futuristic war movie, rare in cinema.
- Custom soundtrack by award-winning composer recorded with REAL symphonic instruments.
- Cutting edge camera, sound, and film-making equipment (and crews to run it!) for that PRO Hollywood look.
PHOTO GALLERY - Pitch video still frames:
(NOT from the actual film, a preproduction proof-of-concept test and fundraising tool)
The PITCH video - a demo that explains what we are attempting from inside the stylized world of INCERTITUDE!
(NOT the actual film, a preproduction proof-of-concept test and fundraising tool)
video imagery by Ten Eyck Visuals
Films by Diek have many artistic and philosophical layers and INCERTITUDE is no exception. There will be a compelling story, relatable characters, authentic & futuristic military gear, original music, detailed sound design, social commentary, a historical element, a touch of sci-fi, and maybe even some humor! This production will utilize a professional crew and cutting-edge cameras and equipment featuring contemporary film-making techniques, all filmed in sharp ultra-high-definition in the glorious natural outdoor environments of Colorado.
INCERTITUDE will be filmed in beautiful 4K resolution in the vivid natural splendor of the Colorado mountains in summertime. Imagine a female version of Halo's Master Chief inside a Planet Earth documentary with a dramatic flair and a historical twist! Rogue One meets Lone Survivor meets Dunkirk... Films by Diek will be teaming up with Ten Eyck Visuals to capture the vivid imagery required to bring this movie to life.
INCERTITUDE is currently in development and fundraising for pre-production of Phase One. Please be in touch to get involved in this exciting and compelling project! Principal photography estimated for summer 2018.
STAY TUNED FOR NEWS AND UPDATES!
Fundraising campaign, behind-the-scenes video blog (bottom of page), image and video clip sneak-peaks, and more!
INCERTITUDE MOVIE-MAKING VLOG
Follow along on the journey to get this movie made, from idea through to production: